Location: Carlsbad, CA 92008
Department: Finance Reports to: CFO
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Financial Analyst is responsible for corporate financial analysis and planning. Responsibilities include development and maintenance of the company’s planning templates and processes and preparation of monthly financial reports to the company’s management in order to achieve strategic goals/objectives within the department and the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze financial performance, including comparison and explanation of budgeted versus actual costs
• Assist Controller and CFO with financial reports and analyses to board of directors and other stakeholders
• Analyze products and markets in order to help define our go to market strategy
• Research total addressable markets and serviceable available markets
• Coordinate and analyze the corporate planning processes, such as annual budget and forecasts
• Prepare cost roll-ups and consolidation of operating expenses on a monthly basis
• Prepare monthly management reports
• Assist with projects, activities and other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and application of automated systems for financial reporting and accounting purposes.
• Strong analytical skills and proven ability to perform financial modeling.
• Strong computer skills, particularly MS Excel, MS Word and Power Point
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field of study
• 5+ years’ experience in Aaccounting/Finance